Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tag...I'm it!

 Gretchen, from one of my favourite creative Blogs, has chosen me to participate in a game of blog tag with some creative and fun questions to answer!  I'm thrilled to be tagged and to play along, thanks Gretchen!
Here are the rules I’ve received to explain the game:
  • You must post the rules
  • Answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you
  • Create 11 questions to ask the people you tag
  • Tag 11 people
  • Let them know you’ve tagged them 
 Here are the questions Gretchen asked me followed by my answers:
  1. What is your most favorite art material or media to use in your personal art-making?  In my Art Therapy art I love to use collage and photography...in my other art, I like acrylic paints.
  2. Favorite source for creative inspiration?  People in my life who are living their life creatively...this inspires me so much!
  3. Any tips for making the time to focus on your creative practice?  Scheduling time is great but try to jump on any opportunity to do something creative, I may be something really quick but sometimes you get little gems when you act on your creative impulse when it comes.
  4. What artsy project are you working on right now? "21 Secrets"...an art journaling workshop.
  5. Is there a particular art material, technique, or process you would like to learn more about or spend more time with I love the layering look of art journals...I'm hoping to learn more about how to attain this look in the workshops I am taking part of.
  6. Biggest creative challenge you’ve experienced? Being a mom..."me time" is a little more sparse, but I'm working on that :)
  7. What does creativity mean to you?   Allowing myself to be in the moment and letting whatever ideas are coming to me take shape.
  8. Favorite art related book you’ve read?  "The Courage to Create" by Rollo May
  9. Do you prefer to create alone or with others?  Alone, most of the time.
  10. What role has social media and networking played in your creative practice?  It's been huge!  I am blown away at how much is being shared; the opportunities to be inspired are really endless!
  11. Finish this sentence:  ”To create is to   honor yourself_.

I'm tagging these wonderful blogs I follow for regular doses of inspiration and creativity:

And here are my questions for the inspiring Bloggers I have tagged:
  1. How do you usually express yourself creatively?
  2. What do you draw upon for inspiration?
  3. How did you express yourself creatively as a child?
  4. What is your favourite way to keep track of your creative ideas?
  5. How do others in your life nurture your creativity?
  6. Do you listen to music while you create?  If yes, what kind?
  7. What art medium do you find the most challenging to work with?
  8. What would your ideal creative space have in it?
  9. How do you think others would describe your creative style?
  10. If you walk into an art supply store...what are you most likely to walk out with?
  11. When is your inner critic most likely to act up in your creative process?
I’ll use the same disclaimer Gretchen gave me for those I have tagged: There is no obligation to play along, so please don’t feel pressured because I tagged you (especially those of you that I know have been tagged already).   I just love your blogs so I wanted others to see them too!  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment